kØGE AND SLAGELSE, DENMARK
The potential for autonomous buses to provide an accessible and flexible service for users at hospitals is huge. In a pilot project lead by Movia, we are responsible for operating self-driving shuttle buses over three phases: Inside SUH Køge, at Slagelse Hospital outdoor area, and between SUH Køge and Ølby Station.
In the end of May 2018, the first driverless bus will transport passengers in the lobby of Sjællands Universitetshospital, Køge. Driverless buses will in time drive to and from the nearest train station, allowing for totally new ways of moving around for patients and other passengers.
The driverless buses are the first part of a cooperation about disseminating driverless technology between Movia, Region Sjælland, Region Hovedstaden and Metroselskabet.
A pilot project in three phases
Driverless buses provide new mobility solutions to citizens: They are flexible, they can drive around the clock, they are safe, and they increase mobility. That is why a pilot project with driverless solutions is being introduced at SUH Køge and Slagelse Sygehus. The pilot project will give the partners experience with and knowledge about users' experience with autonomous mobility.
The pilot project is introduced over three phases. Phase 1, in operation from May 28th to August 24th, introduced a driverless bus in the lobby of SUH Køge. Next step is expected to launch in the beginning of 2019 where the bus is connecting departments at Slagelse Sygehus. In the final phase of the project, the bus will provide a shuttle service between Ølby Station and SUH Køge from the summer of 2019.
We are currently not in operation. Next phase of the operation launches in the beginning of 2019.
For more information about the project, please contact:
- Movia kommunikation og presse, tlf. 36 13 20 10
- Region Sjælland: Klaus Kristensen, presserådgiver, tlf. 57 87 50 52
- Region Hovedstaden: Charlotte Jespersen, chefkonsulent, tlf. 21 31 99 37
- Metroselskabet: Marie Hauberg Pedersen, kommunikationsmedarbejder, tlf. 72 42 47 17
- Autonomous Mobility: Anne Rosa Simonsen, Communications Lead, tlf. 20 63 31 33, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sjællands Universitetshospital, Køge: Amanda Anne Juhl, kommunikationskonsulent, tlf. 93 56 79 44
- Slagelse Sygehus: Jakob Ganløse Jensen, specialkonsulent, tlf. 31 39 95 39